- A closed office door definitely means, "Please, come in without knocking, person I do not know! I did not close the door for privacy or for some peace and quiet to concentrate on work. That would be absurd! I also meant for you to leave it open when you left. Yes, that is what a closed door means."
- Currently drinking a Diet Pepsi because I had no other choice. Suddenly remembered that when I lived in England, I developed a slight liking for Pepsi (gasp) because the Diet Coke tasted so different there.
- Have been drinking green smoothies every day, which seems contradictory to the actions in the previous statement (probably because it is). I have to admit, when I was out of town the last week, I found myself wanting one every day. Habit? Maybe, but I have found that I have been having less headaches since I have been drinking them. I don't want to hear anything from you, Small One*.
- Have forgotten how much I LOVE history...which is quite possible the reason I majored in it and intended to pursue my Ph.D., then travel the world researching and writing, and then perhaps settling down somewhere with a tenure-track professorship. My trip back east reignited my passion for history that I plum forgot about since I spend my days in the business world slinging around phrases like 'bottom line' and 'budgetary restraints' and other such things.
- Speaking of history - who is your favorite person in history? Cliché question, I know, but I am curious. Mine is Robert E. Lee, despite the fact that he fought for the Confederacy, he was a great leader and a military genius. Think of the stories he would have to tell. I've read and learned enough about him to have a great deal of respect for the man.
- Living alone IS all it's cracked up to be. I love not having roommates and the drama that comes with them. This glorious state shall soon end, when I have to take on one roommate. Gone are the days of Han Solo. Get it? See what I did there? With the Han and the Solo? Am a clever hapa.
- This baby didn't see me for almost two weeks and I feel like she forgot who I am cause she just stared at me like this for about five minutes. So I scowled back. It seemed like the most natural thing to do. I also wanted to reach through the phone and wipe off whatever was on her cheek.
We were just sittin' there, not doing much, so I turned to Harm, "Let's draw eyebrows on that baby."
"Yesssss," was the reply, and the rest, my friends, is history. Alhough, that nice and chubby baby (and her dad) was less enthused.
*Small One = tiny older sister